Try It: Backpacking
- Come outside and learn the ins and outs of backpacking
- Day: Saturday
- Date: April 17
- 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Location: Cumberland Park Picnic Shelter
- Cost: $5.00
- Maximum participants per time slot: 9
- Ages: K-Adult
Deadline for Registration is: Thursday, April 15 at 6:00 pm.
Terrain/Distance: less than one mile over rolling and sometimes uneven natural surface terrain with possible muddy and wet conditions. No Bathrooms are available.
The Metroparks professionally trained staff will help you discover that backpacking is a fun activity that can be done by alll! Guests will leave with the knowledge of how to tackle the trails on their own. The entire program will be spent outside; please dress appropriately for the weather. Dressing in non-cotton layers is encouraged.
Classes will begin promptly, so plan to arrive early. This is a joint program with the Metroparks and all participants will be required to complete their wavier before starting. All participants must wear an appropriately fitted mask. Social distancing and COVID-19 protocols will be followed.
The program will center around an overview of backpacking and will include:
- Instruction will include a demonstration of backpacking stoves and/or water filtrations.
- Participants will experience setting up a tent and learn about the components of a sleep system.
- Participants will learn about critter proof food storage, what to bring in a backpack, and the camp triangle.
For more information Email Dee Marsky or call 216-691-7372.